3M VHB Tape 4991 Tape 1/2" x 36yd20000738
- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high temperature strength and long-term durability
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Grey, 90 mil (2.3 mm), multi-purpose adhesive and conformable acrylic foam core offers a good balance of strength and conformability
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welds, screws) or liquid adhesives
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding, and associated clean-up
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
Dream, design, deliver with 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4991. It is a grey, 90 mil (2.3 mm), multi-purpose acrylic adhesive with a conformable, foam core. It can replace rivets, welds, and screws. The fast and easy to use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability. It offers design flexibility with its viscoelasticity and powerful ability to bond to a variety of surfaces.
3M™ VHB™ Tape consists of a durable acrylic adhesive with viscoelastic properties. This provides an extraordinarily strong double sided foam tape that adheres to a broad range of substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, composites, plastics, acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS, and painted or sealed wood and concrete. bonding tapes provide excellent shear strength, conformability, surface adhesion, and temperature resistance. They are commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display, and general industrial. Reliably bonds a variety of materials with strength and speed for permanent applications. The 4991 family of 3M™ VHB™ Tapes utilizes multi-purpose acrylic adhesive on both sides of a conformable, foam core. The combination of strength, conformability, and adhesion makes this family one of the most capable and well-rounded 3M™ VHB™ Tapes. It is specifically designed for good adhesion to metals, glass, and other medium, to high surface energy materials. Applications for this tape include stiffener bonding, sealing polycarbonate, lens over LCD, windows to painted control panels, and mounting vinyl wiring ducts and conduit channels.
- General purpose bonding
- Decorative material and trim
- Attach roof to roof bows
- Nameplates and logos
- Panel to frame
- Stiffener to panel