3M Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Pads 7" x 7"20005017
Shipping calculated at checkout.
3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Pads MPP+ are a one-part firestop material used in various fire-rated assemblies, such as electrical box protection. Designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gasses, this intumescent material comes ready to use in convenient 1/10” (2.54 mm) thick pads that are conformable by hand with no mixing or tools. Pads are firestop tested up to four hours.
- Firestop tested up to four hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Wall opening protective material tested up to 2 hours in accordance with UL 263
- Provides draft and cold smoke seal
- Helps reduce noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in STC 56-rated wall assembly)
- Halogen-free formula
- Self-adhering pads can be joined together for larger firestop applications
- Typically used for wall opening protection of membrane penetrations by metallic and non-metallic electrical outlet boxes to meet building code requirements
- Used to seal gaps between cables in multiple penetrations (including fibre optic inner duct) and to firestop cable bundles, insulated pipe, electrical conduit, metal pipe and other through penetration