Expectations of a CDS Supplier
CDS covers all shipments to us that are FCA your facility under our Corporate Insurance Policy. Suppliers: when completing the shipping bill of lading, please do NOT enter a value in the 'declared value for carriage box'. Please leave this area blank. Should you require any further clarification please contact our Customs/Traffic department at:
- Have a documented and effective quality management system capable of meeting industry standards.
- Consistently strive to deliver goods to CDS at a high level of quality.
- Use process controls and stress defect prevention rather than defect detection.
- Maintain records that support traceability.
- Document and control all processes.
- Strive for continual improvement in item quality and all facets of operations.
- Monitor all lower-tier suppliers and ensure that requirements are flowed down correctly.
- Keep commitments to deliver items on time with the required paperwork.
- Ensure lead-times are consistent with Industry Best.
- Comply with applicable specifications for packaging, labelling, storage, shipping,
- tracking, and containerization.
- Build in slack time in all schedules to account for contingencies.
- Product and Technology Leadership
- Notify CDS of any specifications that are not a good match for the supplier's
- Use processes, tooling, and manufacturing technologies that are state-of-the-art.
- Standardize on items that satisfy CDS's requirements.
- Share technology directions and intentions with CDS.
- Understand and embrace the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Establish a qualified baseline (design, processes, and tooling) that shows a clear
- heritage path.
- Achieve year-over-year productivity improvements that result in lower costs for CDS.
- Routinely share productivity ideas in the following areas:
- Cycle-Time and Lead-Time Reduction, Specification and/or Design Changes that could result in higher levels of quality, lower cost, ease of doing business, etc. (DFMA)
- Strive to achieve lowest total life cycle cost through quality.
- Work with lower tier suppliers, and with CDS, to create the lowest total cost.
- Conduct all business in an honest and ethical manner, consistent with CDS's values.
- Protect the confidentiality of CDS's information.
- Promptly respond to requests for information, technical assistance, and corrective
- Maintain a technically competent workforce.
- Promptly notify CDS when there is a change to nature of goods supplied, source of supply, manufacturing processes, business operations, or any other conditions which have the potential to impact our product and/or business relationship.
- Notify CDS of intentions to discontinue supply of an item or service at least 12 months before a "last-time buy" order will be accepted.
- Notify CDS of any parts obsolescence issues so we can work together to find a solution.
- Utilize Bar Code packaging to facilitate shipping and receiving.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Excellence
- Meet, and preferably surpass, all applicable regulatory requirements
- Assure compliance with registrations for use, importation, and exportation of materials, equipment, parts, and components.
- Inform CDS when specifications or requirements jeopardize compliance with applicable regulations.
- Provide products and packaging that, when disposed of, will not adversely impact the environment.
- Minimize waste by recycling, recovery or reuse.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of materials the adversely affect the environment.